Why are eToro Apple shares considered an attractive investment? They represent a stake in a phenomenally successful company.
In terms of impact on the everyday lives of hundreds of millions of people, Apple’s founders and their successors stand alongside Henry Ford and Alexander Graham Bell.
The company’s key products have entered the language, whether the Mac computer, the iPhone, the Apple Watch, and, of course, iTunes, described as the world’s biggest juke-box. There was even a 2015 film about the company that took its name from co-founder Steve Jobs.
Follow Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) publications and financial reports in their Investor Relations Page.
- Broker eToro: Indonesian Edition Review 2021-2022
- 8 Best Forex Trading Platform in US
- Is eToro Google Play Store Safe Forex Trading App?
- eToro Visa Card and eToro Debit Card Money Smart Invest
- Interactive Broker EU (European) for Investors & Traders in 2021-2022
- Broker IBKR: Interactive Brokers Review in 2021
- 10 Best Broker Futures Trading for Commodity in 2021
- Broker Saxo Bank: Veteran Broker Providing Tens of Thousands of Trading Instruments
- MT5 Futures Broker: Top Best MetaTrader 5 Forex Brokers
- Forex eToro: Pros Cons, Accounts and Forex Trading Platform
- eToro MT5 Broker: The Three Key Findings for 2021 Trade Forex
- 10 Best CFD Forex Brokers 2021-2022: Beginner Traders Should Know
- FxPro cTrader: WebTrader and Direct MT4 Broker Review
- What is Copytrade eToro? Trading Like eToro’s Top Traders
- What is a Forex Broker?
Good news for consumers, undoubtedly, and good news also for investors. Apple’s recent results, covering the three months to December 31, 2016, saw the company’s chief financial officer Luca Maestri announce: ‘We returned nearly $15 billion to investors through share repurchases and dividends during the quarter.’
The quarterly dividend itself was 57 cents a share, identical to the dividend for the previous three quarters and up on the 52 cents paid for each of the four quarters before that.
Who should include eToro Apple in their portfolio?
- Those seeking exposure to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, the elite Wall Street index that contains just 30 stocks, representing the cream of publicly-listed US companies. Apple’s in there, along with Boeing, ExxonMobil and IBM.
- People looking to invest in technology and innovation. Apple’s output of bright ideas shows little sign of slowing down, and its new product launches have a spellbinding effect on investors and the tech industry.
Day traders, hoping to profit from short-term movements in Apple’s share price. Contracts for difference (CFDs) are a good way to do this.
How has eToro Apple’s share price performed recently?
In the past five years, the shares traded between a low of $55.79 and a high of more than $135.62.
Aside from the powerful brand and the household-name products, what are the positive factors behind Apple shares?
- Its juicy profit margins, estimated at well over 30 percent.
- Apple’s balance sheet, which is impressively strong by any standards and especially so when compared with some in the technology sector.
- The market that is served by Apple is far from saturated. Emerging giants such as China and India should provide the tech-hungry consumers who will power demand for Apple’s best-known products.
- While such demand may level off in the developed world, Apple is shifting the focus here to its Services businesses such as the phone-based payments system Apple Pay and the storage and computing service iCloud.
- Apple is focused on looking after its shareholders – again, in contrast to many in the sector – with a commitment to a progressive policy on shareholder returns.
What are the negative factors that may affect Apple’s share price?
- China is becoming a highly competitive market for the sort of products offered by Apple and there is no guarantee that Apple will come out on top.
- In India, the authorities have frustrated Apple’s attempts to sell lower-cost reconditioned phones to the public.
- Sales of iPhones and iPads have been softening and the major innovation of recent years, the Apple Watch, has not been universally admired.
- The uncertain attitude of the new administration in Washington to technology giants such as Apple, Google, and Microsoft is another potentially negative factor.
- Apple may be looking after shareholders now. It didn’t always. Apple’s initial public offering was in 1980. It paid its first dividend in 1987 and continued doing so until ceasing in 1995. Payments were only resumed as recently as 2012. Shareholders will hope history doesn’t repeat itself.
The Basics of Investing in eToro Apple ($AAPL) Stocks
For the investor, there are two ways to put their money on Apple’s continued success:
- Quite simply, you can buy Apple shares. The company is listed on NASDAQ, the US exchange associated for many years with fast-growing technology stocks, but you can buy shares through a broker or financial institution from pretty much anywhere in the world.
- Rather than buy the actual shares, you can enter a contract for difference (CFD). You and a broker agree to pay each other the difference between the price of an asset – in this case, Apple shares – on the day the contract is signed and the price at which it stands when you decide to close the trade. If Apple shares have risen, the value of your CFD has risen by the same amount. The same is true if they have fallen.
Our CFD example assumes you want to bet on Apple’s shares heading higher. But if you take a downbeat view of Apple’s prospects, for whatever reason, there is nothing to stop you from entering a CFD that pays out when the share price falls. All these investment routes are available through eToro.
Are Apple shares right for you on eToro Broker?
Apple is a dominant company in its sector, one whose name is synonymous with elegant consumer-electronics products and highly-desirable services. Its share price is strong and it is returning plenty of cash to shareholders.
However, competition is intensifying in a fast-moving market in which today’s giants can tomorrow find themselves on the wrong side of events.
Ultimately, the question is whether Apple is going ‘ex growth’ or whether the best, in terms of innovation and profitability, is yet to be.
How to Buy Apple Stock on eToro?
eToro is one of the most popular platforms for investing online, eToro offers users the ability to trade stocks, commodities, ETFs, cryptocurrencies, and more, This step-by-step guide will show you how to buy Apple stock on eToro.
Thanks to the rise of online brokers, it’s easier than ever to invest your money in Apple and other leading companies. If you’ve been thinking about buying Apple stock and researching different brokers online, you have most likely already heard of eToro.
eToro was created in 2007 and has since become one of the most popular brokers for trading and investing online. eToro has more than10 a million registered users and is regulated in Cyprus, Australia, and the United Kingdom.
In addition to giving users the ability to buy and sell stocks, their platform actually provides a diverse suite of other trading products. Let’s quickly run through a list of the defining features of eToro:
- Trade stocks and other traditional financial instruments
- Trade cryptocurrencies
- Copy the portfolios of successful traders
- Test trading strategies with demo trading
- Trade with leverage
Buy Apple (AAPL) Stock on eToro
Alongside Google, Amazon, and Microsoft, Apple is part of the ‘Big Four’ tech companies. Founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, the company has become a leader in the consumer electronics and software sectors through popular products including the iPhone, the Macbook series, and the macOS operating system.
The company has more than 135,000 employees and its revenues in 2019 exceeded $260 billion. Apple’s market capitalization is larger than $1 trillion.
1. Create New eToro account
Creating an eToro account is very simple, and you’ll be able to log in to your newly-created eToro account within minutes.
If you just want to take a look at what the eToro platform has to offer, the only information that’s required to create an account is an e-mail and a phone number. However, if you want to deposit money and actually start trading, you will have to provide some additional personal information to verify your identity.
2. Complete your eToro profile
After you’ve created your eToro account, you will have to complete your eToro profile before you can start trading.
This information is required so that eToro can comply with the applicable AML and CTF regulations. Click “Complete Profile” under your username and follow the presented steps.
3. Fund your eToro account
After you’ve completed the necessary verification, you can fund your eToro account.
The minimum deposit currently accepted by eToro is $200, or equivalent in other currencies. The platform actually offers seven different deposit methods, so choose the one that suits you best:
- Credit / Debit card
- Wire Transfer
As with any investment, don’t invest more than you’re willing to lose.
TIP: If you don’t feel ready to trade stocks with real money yet, you can use eToro’s virtual portfolio feature to test out some trading strategies risk-free. You can switch from your real portfolio to your virtual portfolio by clicking the icon under your profile name. You will be given $100,000 in virtual money that you can use to trade any instrument that’s offered by eToro.
4. Buy eToro Apple Stock
Once your account is funded, you can start with trading stocks on eToro. You can either buy a stock or short it, depending on how you believe the market is going to behave moving forward. In this guide, we’ll be showing of buying Apple (AAPL) stock.
Head over to the search bar on the top of the eToro interface and type in the name or the ticker of the stock you wish to buy, in this case, Apple. In addition to the price chart, you will also be able to find key information about the stock, including balance sheets, income statements, and more. For some stocks, research is also provided.
Click the “Trade” button to place your order for AAPLstock. Now, a window will open where we can tweak all the parameters of our trade. In this example, we’re going to invest $1,000.
By switching between “Trade” and “Order” on the top right, you can either buy the stock at the current best available price or specify the exact price at which you want to buy the stock. We’ll keep it at “Trade”, as its the fastest and simplest way.
Under “Amount”, we’ll set the amount that we wish to invest – in this case, $1,000. Below, we can see what percentage of our total equity we are using.
In the section on the bottom, you can set your stop-loss, leverage, and take-profit levels. Stop losses are used to define the maximum loss you’re willing to take in the trade, while take profits are used to realize gains by automatically closing the position once it reaches a specified value above our entry price. As far as the leverage is concerned, we’ll be keeping it at 1x, as higher leverage would introduce additional risks to our trade.
After you click “Open Trade”, your order will be submitted and your trade should be executed shortly.
5. Monitor your AAPL Stock Performance
Once your order is completed, you will be able to follow the status of your trade-in in the “Portfolio” section. Here, you can also update your stop loss and take profit levels (pink) if you’re not happy with the levels set previously.
If you want to exit the trade, click the X icon on the right (blue).
Do you own the stocks you buy on eToro?
Yes – when you buy a stock such as Apple on eToro, you are making an investment in the underlying asset. However, there are a few caveats to this. Users of eToro Australia are actually purchasing a CFD (contract for differences) when buying a stock on eToro.
If you’re using eToro to buy stocks that are listed on Borsa Italiana, Helsinki Stock Exchange, Stockholm Stock Exchange, or Oslo Stock Exchange, you are also actually purchasing a CFD.
When using CFDs, you are getting exposure to the underlying asset’s price movements, but don’t actually own the asset itself.
Now, we’re ready to get on with our step-by-step guide on how to get started with trading stocks on eToro.
Trading Stocks on eToro
Of course, eToro offers plenty of other stocks for trading in addition to AAPL. The company offers around 800 different stocks listed on a variety of global stock exchanges. Here’s a few examples of the stocks you can buy on eToro:
- Apple (AAPL)
- Amazon (AMZN)
- Tesla (TSLA)
- Google (GOOGL)
- Microsoft (MSFT)
- Disney (DIS)
- AMD (AMD)
- Facebook (FB)
- Starbucks (SBUX)
- Netflix (NFLX)
The bottom line on buying Apple (AAPL) stock on eToro
If you want to invest in eToro Apple stock through an online platform, eToro is certainly worth checking out. The platform offers an extensive suite of features while providing an intuitive and beginner-friendly user interface at the same time.
Not only does the platform allow you to trade traditional financial instruments like stocks, ETFs, and indices, but you can also trade cryptocurrency on eToro.
The copy trading feature is also great for users who would like to invest in a diversified portfolio of stocks but would rather leave the exact composition of the portfolio to a more experienced investor.
Most searched article:
- ibkr monthly fees
- ibkr account minimum
- interactive brokers margin reddit
- commission ibkr
- ibkr reg t margin
- ibkr account types
- ibkr pro pricing
- ibkr futures fees
- interactive brokers linked account
- ibkr futures margin
- interactive brokers options margin
- interactive brokers us
- top mt4 brokers
- best forex brokers reddit
- oanda autochartist
- oanda stock trading
- forex com swap rates
- oanda fx rates live
- oanda commission fees
- ibkr open account
- best forex broker
- oanda eur usd
- forex paypal
- mt5 futures broker
- cfd forex brokers
- forex etoro
- fx pro ctrader
- copytrade etoro
- trade forex
- spread broker
- etoro trustpilot
- etoro mt5
- mt4 etoro
- etoro paypal
- etoro apple
- broker etoro
- trade etoro
- etoro google play
- etoro visa card
- interactive broker eu
- gold etoro
- broker ibkr
- broker futures trading
- broker saxo